As an integral part of Lake City's rich heritage, we will be a leading-edge library that empowers our community to acquire new knowledge in the pursuit of lifelong learning. We will do this by promoting:
- • A continuously improving service that tis open to and welcomes everyone;
- • Materials and programs that entertain and inspire;
- • The use of technology to create an adequate and expandable library network conforming to national and international information standards;
- • Strong partnerships between public and private entities enabling users access to seamless information resources;
- • Staff that are well-motivated and professional in their approach to their work;
- • Cost-effective stewardship of our physical and financial assets.
The purpose of the John Wagner/Lake City Public Library is to acquire, organize and provide access to a wide variety of materials and services, which will promote, maintain and improve the quality of life for the community. Our aim is to anticipate future needs and to respond to the changing nature of library services, which will help to fulfill the intellectual, emotional and leisure needs of the public.